Sunday, February 19, 2017

Happy Birthday (29 and feeling fine)

It was about a year ago when I first began to share my inner thoughts with the inter web.  And while I don't feel that birthdays are really that significant anymore I was secretly so in tune with my aging self.  Excitement was kept hidden from those around me, I brushed off the birthday wishes and rolled my eyes at all the Facebook notifications.  I didn't really desire to celebrate with anyone but I did want to relish in what God has done in the last year.  As I looked back at life, at what this last year has been for me the word heavy comes to mind .  It was a year of pain, self discovery, self awareness, brokenness revealed... but most of all, it was God's year.  This last year was the first year that cravings for my Father took on a life of their own and my mind was engulfed with truths that were just beginning to be unlocked.  I am amazed at the journey he has brought to me and led me through.  He still leads me as I fumble and stumble along the (very) narrow path.  He showed me how to love, to begin understanding what loving well means.  He showed me just how huge He is, how he cannot be contained by our inability to understand.  He taught me how to press in to His word, how to come to Him first with my hurt.  He healed wounds that I didn't want to acknowledge.  He broke chains that have been wrapped around my limbs, that have weighed me down.  He took me places in dreams I never expected.  He showed me who I am.  At first, I was embarrassed I didn't know these truths sooner, but this is all in God's timing.  The truths in His word have been the same, but I am finally able to know it, the words have sunken into me written in blood on my soul and they have become who I am.  Our God is amazing.  One year has felt like a lifetime of learning.  I am not the same as I was a year ago and it is only because of Him.  That is how people change, He is the way people change.  And what is even more beautiful, He has more for me, my journey is not yet over!

Here's to another great year of God's growth!  

2 comments:

  1. Lovely words, beautiful lady, Awsome God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, Whitney. It's encouraging to hear how God is working in you!

    ReplyDelete